Saturday, September 18, 2010

Chicken a la King - Meal Challenge Week Three

It is week three of the 10 Week Meal Challenge hosted by my blog friend, Meredith, and I have loved it so far! A true challenge it has been, as one can not feed a family off of dessert ~smile~

The recipes that I've made so far:

Week One: Sweet and Spicy Chicken over Rice
Week Two: Baked Mostaccoli

I now introduce you to a delicious dish that was rated *10* by my family and I...


Chicken a la King
*I tripled the recipe and we had no leftovers*


6 T Flour
6 T Butter
1 t. Salt
1/8 t. Pepper

Cook over low heat until smooth and bubbly.
 Add:


1C. Milk
1 1/2C. Chicken Broth

Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. 
Add:

1C. Chicken or Turkey (cut up!)
1 Can Mushrooms (I replaced with Carrots)
1/2C. Green Pepper (I replaced with Celery)
And some peas if on hand, would be yummy.

Serve over biscuits.


This meal is very simple and quick to make and is perfect for all of us who have lots of delicious fresh cow and goat milk to use:)

Enjoy!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Yum! This looks delicious Jenna! :D I may have to try this too (once the weather here gets cooler more...still feels hot here). ;) Thank you for sharing the recipe! :D

And yes...'tis a shame that "man can't live on dessert alone". ;) HeHe! It's so fun to make and create and soo yummy to eat too! ;) *sigh* :)

Blessings to you and your family my dear! :D
~Rachel~

Caroline said...

Oh jeez, that looks delicious!!!

Miss Mandy said...

This is one of our family favorites! We had it last night!

Cinnamon said...

That does look delicious. I make something like yours. I will have to get my crock pot out and slip it back into my menu. Cooler weather will make this a perfect meal.

Thanks for sharing~ Cinnamon

Kay said...

Wow that looks realy good!!!! I bet your family lovrs you.

Meredith Ivy said...

This is a great recipe! I will keep it in mind since we also often have an abundance of milk. :)