We have a whole shelf full of cookbooks and cooking magazines and I am excited to see all of the new recipes that are about to be discovered...the first one is:
Sweet and Spicy Chicken over Rice
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 jar (11 ounces) chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- Hot cooked rice
- Place taco seasoning in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil until no longer pink. Combine salsa and preserves; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until heated through Serve with rice. Yields: 4 servings...I tripled the recipe for our family:)
This recipe was wonderful and had raving reviews from everyone in my family! A great success.
I encourage you all to join us in this challenge. You can go to Meredith's blog here, to join.
Also ~ for those of you who don't know ~ By going to www.tasteofhome.com and creating an account, you can request a free trial magazine with lots of delicious recipes and you can also sign up for emails with yummy recipes!! Have fun.