As our prayer life is challenged more then ever, we're learning to trust God when the answer to the miracle that we're praying for, is no. To trust that His sovereign plan over our lives is for good...that the trials we're going through are not in vain but are for a purpose.
This morning I realized that over the past week, I haven't been counting all of the blessings in my life and so I decided to link up with Marci from Amazing Graze Farm for her "Count your blessings Monday".
...I'm thankful for:
The quote below that a blog friend sent me:
"There is nothing-no circumstance, no trouble, no testing-that can ever touch me until, first of all, it has gone past God and past Christ, right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a great purpose, which I may not understand at the moment, but as I refuse to become panicky, as I lift up my eyes to him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will cause me to fret, for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is. That is the rest of victory!" - Alan Redpath
- My wonderful family and the amazing health that we are blessed with!
- The babies and hope of Spring that they bring
- Our house AND farm
- My little 2yo sister sunshine who lights up our home with singing and the biggest most wonderful hugs and grins
- The many pots, milk buckets and tubes needing to be washed...
- my friend, Bethany, who always lends a listening ear, shares encouragement and reminds me of God's faithfulness
- Momma and Daddy home educating us.
- Speech class, because that means that no goats are in labor or dying!!!
- garden seeds + plans
- the character lessons that I learn here on the farm
- being able to talk with my family all day
- cleaning pens with siblings
- the strength and love of Christ Jesus
Today I was pondering the verse below from Isaiah ~ remembering that if I wait and trust in the Lord, HE will renew my strength...I won't be weary, I won't faint. Over the past week as I survived off of virtually no sleep, and struggled with all the discouragement, and emotional and physical exhaustion, I had plenty of opportunity to put this verse into action...to rest in the Lord, let HIM renew me and mount the eagles wings fully resting in my King of Kings.
"But they that wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31
Thank you Lord, for my life full of blessing.