Saturday, March 5, 2011

Week 4: Meal Challenge

Yesterday I made a dinner bread called "Turkey-Bacon-Cheddar Bake" based off the delicious pizza crust recipe that I posted about last week with a few adjustments, of course.

This recipe is easy, delicious and not only a yummy dinner served with a salad and bowl of fruit but doubles as the perfect pack lunch on a busy day. Everyone said that I have to make it again~

Turkey-Bacon-Cheddar Bake


First whip up a batch of delicious pizza bread dough:
4 cups all purpose or baking flour (I used 2c White Flour and 2c Whole Wheat)
2 cups warm water
2 tablespoons instant dry yeast
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt


Mix all these ingredients into a bowl and stir them together until a sticky dough is formed.  Cover the bowl  with a moist kitchen towel and let the dough rise in a warm area for about 30 minutes.

Turn the dough out onto a floured area and knead with your hands about 5 to 10 times.  Roll the dough to about one half inch thick and spread down the middle:

1 1/2C Turkey breast (I used turkey from the deli)
1/2-3/4 pound of fried bacon strips
1C Cheddar Cheese

Using a knife, cut strips in dough on either side of filling. Alternating side to side, pull strips decoratively over the filling (pinch end strips to seal). Place in a preheated 350 degree oven and bake approximately 20 minutes. 


Another convenience about this recipe, is that you can easily change the filling ingredients to incorporate whatever ingredients you have on hand (i.e. Ham or Chicken instead of Turkey). Also, I didn't measure the filling but eye balled it instead...

Be sure to check out the recipes below!

Nela's Cream Cheese Scrambled Eggs and Coconut Almond Muffins 

Julianne's Minestrone Soup 

Queen Beaz's Orient Express Burger 

If you have a link to add, simply leave it in a comment!

8 comments:

Sydney said...

I'm going to make this turkey-bacon-cheddar bake! It looks so yummy. :) The scrambled egg cocnut almond muffins sould really interesting as well!

I'm inspired. :)

MEGoo Photography said...

Mmmm...That looks absolutely delicious!

Anonymous said...

Yum! That looks really good!

Seriously Though said...

I love this recipe! What a pretty looking inside out pizza. I'm going to make this this week. Love your blog. You're an encouragement to me, even though I'm old enough to be your mom. I visit here often.

Julianne said...

This looks delicious and simple Jenna! I can't wait to try it!

queenbeaz said...

Mmmm....warm sandwiches sound good! I bet it would go well with Julianne's Minestrone soup! :) Thanks for hosting Jenna!

Johanna Nimmons said...

So sorry to hear about your goats this week! We are praying for you all!
Here is my recipe for week 5.

http://kidsonthefarm.blogspot.com/2011/03/challenge-week-5th-baked-catfish-with.html
Blessings
Johanna

Marianela said...

Here's my week 5 recipe:

http://desiringgodsdesires.blogspot.com/2011/03/meal-challenge-recipe-week-5.html

:)