- 1-2 cups rice
- 1 1/2 lb. hamburger
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tsp. curry powder (you can add more if you like)
- Cook rice according to instructions.
- Fry up the hamburger and onion, breaking it up as it browns.
- Add the seasonings and cook another minute or two.
- Serve family style. To assemble, place hamburger over the rice on your plate and then add the condiments.
- grated Cheddar cheese
- shredded lettuce
- chopped cucumber
- sliced bananas (we omitted this:)
- diced canned or fresh peaches - mangos would work too
- chopped peanuts
- shredded coconut
- chopped red onion
Did you try a new meal this week? If you shared it on your blog, make sure to let Meredith know and she will post a link on her blog ~ Striving to Serve at Home ~
After a long day of driving goats around for breeding purposes, picking up 4 more bushels of apples for canning, chopping green tomatoes and all the fixin's for Chutney and all of the little details of the day, bedtime is calling my name!
Until next time, be blessed my friends! And thank you for all of your sweet "Happy Birthday" comments on my post...we did have a wonderful day:)
Love in Christ,~Jenna