Saturday, February 19, 2011

Week 2: Meal Challenge

Welcome to week two of our Meal Challenge!


 Cranberry Chicken

3-4 lbs. Chicken
16oz. can Whole-berry Cranberry Sauce
1c. Barbecue Sauce
1/2c. Celery, diced
1/2c. Onion, diced
1/2t. Salt
1/4t. Pepper

Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 4 hours. Serves 6-8.

This recipe was delicious and should go on our family's mental "make frequently" list!

Are you looking for a very simple and absolutely delicious treat to make? Yesterday I rediscovered this Pecan Turtle Bar Recipe! Try it out and let me know what you think:)


Meal Challenge Participant Links:

Julianne's Chicken Fajita Pizza 


Johanna's Curried Chicken (and Apple Pie!) 


Nela's Ground Beef Spiral Bake 

 Elisabeth's Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wings

***If you made a new recipe this past week but haven't posted about it yet, please send me the link as soon as you do and I will add it to this post~

8 comments:

Joshua said...

Yummy. That looks mighty good. Thanks for sharing. :)

queenbeaz said...

Sadly, I did not make a new meal this week. I'm surprised that we didn't starve due to my lack of planning and shopping! I will be more diligent this week. Thanks again for hosting! :)

Johanna said...

Yum! That looks really good!

Don and Shelly said...

Jenna,

We thought you might be interested to know that we recently published a post on our blog entitled, “The Journey to Biblical Femininity”. Within the body of the post is a list of blogs and authors we used to illustrate the topic. Your blog was included in that list. We also thought noting such blogs might increase your readership and followers. If you’d like to see the post for yourself, here is the link:

http://hlministries.blogspot.com/2011/02/journey-to-biblical-femininity.html

In Christ,

Don and Shelly

Elisabeth said...

Hi Jenna,
Sorry for being so late. Here's my link to last week's: http://homeschoolblogger.com/bloggingbeth/2011/02/22/8-week-meal-challenge-week-2-sweet-and-spicy-chicken-wings/

Johanna said...

Hi Jenna,
I just barely made it this week, but I made my recipe and here it is:

http://kidsonthefarm.blogspot.com/2011/02/challenge-week-3rd-venison-burger-steak.html

Always in the Lord!
Johanna

Johanna said...

Ps. I love the new look on the blog!

Nela said...

Here's my week 3 meal! :)

http://desiringgodsdesires.blogspot.com/2011/02/meal-challenge-recipe-week-3.html